2 whole skinless boneless chicken breasts, cut in bite-sized chunks
3 tablespoons Olive Gourmet Herbs de Provence Olive Oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 medium onion, minced
1 teaspoon salt
freshly ground pepper to taste
1 teaspoon oregano, dried
½ teaspoon basil, dried
¼ teaspoon dried hot red pepper flakes
¼ cup Olive Gourmet Sherry Reserva Vinegar
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
¼ cup dry white wine
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, diced
1 pkg pappardelle or fettuccine Pastamore Pasta
1 bag frozen peas, thawed in a colander while cooking pasta
- Whisk together the olive oil, sherry, mustard, and spices.
- Mix in the garlic and onion and whisk again.
- Place chicken in a Ziploc bag and add the marinade.
- Close bag tightly and massage the marinade into the meat.
- Marinate at from 1 hour to overnight.
- Boil water and cook the pasta al dente.
- Drain and return to pot to keep warm for a few minutes.
- In a sauté pan, pour in the chicken and marinade and cook about 5-8 minutes over high heat until chicken is cooked through and the marinade is reduced to a sauce, turning chicken so it browns nicely, but does not burn.
- Transfer chicken to pot with pasta
- Add wine and cold butter to juices in pan, over medium high heat.
- Cook until sauce is reduced, scraping up browned bits, about 3-4 minutes.
- Pour warm sauce over chicken and pasta, and toss.
- Add peas and toss again.
- Serve with a salad and good bread for dinner.