January Flavor of the Month
Save 20% through
January 31, 2015
Chipotle Chicken Pasta Tacos
2 ˝ lbs. Chicken breast
6 Tbsp. Olive Gourmet Chipotle Extra Virgin Olive Oil (divided)
1 package jumbo pasta shells
5 – 6 Tbsp. Olive Gourmet Jalapeno Balsamic (divided)
2 Tbsp. Olive Gourmet Harissa Extra Virgin Olive Oil (plus more for greasing pan)
2 – 4 oz. cans green chilies
2 – 8 oz. packages cream cheese (low fat works fine)
16 oz. jar Taco sauce
2 cups shredded Mexican style cheese
tortilla chips crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice chicken in to 1” strips and marinate in 2 – 3 tablespoons of Chipotle Olive Extra Virgin Olive Oil for 4 hours.
- Sauté chicken until no longer pink, then remove from heat, place in a bowl, allowing to cool slightly. Meanwhile cook pasta according to directions, shorten cooking time by 1 minute to make sure shells are still a little stiff. When done, drain, (do not rinse) return to pan and toss with 2 tablespoons of Jalapeno balsamic.
- When meat is cool enough to handle, shred and return to sauté pan. Add 3 tablespoons Chipotle Olive Oil, 2 tablespoons of Harissa Olive Oil, green chilies and cream cheese. Heat until cheese is melted. Remove from heat.
- Grease the bottom of a 9” x 13” baking pan with a small amount of Harissa Olive Oil.
- Spoon the meat mixture into each pasta shell and place seam side up in baking pan.
- Layer stuffed shells along the bottom of baking pan. You may have to stack some shells on a second layer. Pour Taco sauce over pasta shells. The sauce will not completely cover shells.
- Top with shredded cheese and crushed tortilla chips.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour or until cheese is melted and the dish is heated through.